Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Jacob's Birthday to Me!


Two years ago today was the happiest day of my life. My sweet angel was brought into this world by c-section at 4:12 pm after 12 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing and him deciding he was just two darn lazy to come out the right way. We had a quick c-section and I had my beautiful baby boy. He has brought me nothing but joy ( a little aggrivation, but mostly joy) over the past two years. I have been in absolute awe of him since he was born. Every new milestone that he has, makes my heart just fill with pride to know that he is mine and that in a small way, I've helped him to reach each of those milestones.

We started Kindermusik this week at UTC. He loved it. He danced and ran around like a lunatic and just had a blast. He didn't even mind that there were 7 other children there. He woke up this morning and I asked him where we were going today and he told me "school". Unfortunely we did not get to go to school but to the doctor for his well-big boy (not a well-baby anymore) visit with sweet Dr. Neall. We love Dr. Neall. He is the best doctor and is so good with the kids and my scared little Jacob especially. Today he weighed 29.5 pounds and is 35 inches tall. Dr. Neall said that developmentally he's further than he should be and that he's healthy as a horse. And the best news we heard all day is no more Dr. until he's 3 and we're done wiht shots for a long while WOO HOO! He did have to have his finger pricked today to take blood which he didn't like, but then showed everyone his boo-boo as the day went on :)

After the Dr. we went over to Ms. Wanda's (Mami's) house for a little family birthday party. She went out of her way with Cars decorations and cupcakes for my boy. He got a trike from Mami and Papi and a race track from me and Jon and then a curvy racetrack from Dustin and Lori. The kid likes Cars, what can I say :) Currently, he's napping and I just smile to think of all the new things that he is going to do and learn in this new year of his life. I'm excited for the possibilities.

Happy Birthday my sweet angel. I love you sooo much!!







No comments:

Post a Comment