Sunday, April 12, 2009

Colorful eggs and a kidney stone...


So Easter didn't quite work out like we wanted it to. Saturday was great. We dyed Easter eggs and had a nice dinner with mom. Well all of us except for poor Jonathan who got called out around 5 pm (Saturday) for a suicide and 2 dead guys later (suicide and a different homicide) he was able to come back home around 2:30 AM. Well about the time he got home he started getting this horrible horrible horrible pain in his lower left back that just wouldn't let up. He ended up waking me up at 3 AM and asking me to take him to the hospital. So after a quick call into Mom to come watch the baby, we were off. And one thing we realized is that 3:30 AM is the time to go to the ER. We got to Northpark and didn't wait 5 minutes before we were triaged and put back into a room, got pain medication (shot) within 15 minutes and saw the Dr. in 20. He went for a CT scan and evidentally has a 3-mm kidney stone that is attempting to make it's way out which is what is causing him so much pain. The doctor said he should pass it in the next 2 or 3 days but gave him some very good pain meds in the meantime. So needless to say, we didn't make it to church. But I let Jon sleep and Jacob and his cousins had a very fun easter egg hunt and I still go to eat my yummy ham. Then we came home from Mom's and I took a 3-1/2 nap while the baby napped. Jon is resting on the couch watching movies now and trying to convince me to go buy him some nasty skoal. I think that it's a great time to quit since he can't drive on the pain meds ;) LOL. I hope everyone else's Easter was happy and not as eventful as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment